Paediatricians states that it is a not a matter of worry if your baby’s diet varies minuscule on daily basis, however, it is a matter of concern if the baby is not taking quality diet. Consult your doctor prior you start feeding your baby.
Tips on Feeding Your Baby with Growing Age
Age: Birth – 4 months
- Baby reacts based on rooting reflexes and gets nourishment through nipple. Doctors advise only mother’s milk as the primary source of nourishment. Do not offer solid food as baby’s digestive tract is under developed.
- Start pureed food items such as sweet potatoes, peaches, squashes, pears, apples and soups in addition to semi liquid iron fortified cereals.
- You can also mix 4-5 tablespoons of breast milk with cereals.
- Increase the amount twice a day and thicken its consistency by employing less of mother’s milk.
- If your baby resists eating, keep trying and offer the same servings for a couple of days.
- Whenever bringing new food into practice, make a gap of 3 days so that the baby develops taste of previously introduced food and you know well about the food allergies.
- Lactating mothers should continue their breast milk formula.
- Offer your baby 7-8 oz of milk every 6 hours, 4 times in a day.
- Inculcate iron fortified cereals such as well washed and well cooked carrots, green beans and peas.
- Give them bananas, applesauce, apricots, avocados, pears and plums.
- Feed them 3-9 tablespoons of cereals at least 2-3 times in a day.
- Introduce one-fourth of a cup’s dairy products, iron fortified cereals, fruits, vegetables, proteins, non-citrus juices after certain intervals of time.
- Feed them with dissolving foods on high chair.
- Use pasteurized cheese and yogurts.
- Avoid cow milk till one year.
- Eggs and boneless fishes can be introduced.
- Tofu is highly protein rich food that can be employed.
- In later stages of year, lentils, black beans and pintos can also be given while feeding your baby.
12 months +:
- Begin cow’s milk or soya milk 4 times in a day.
- You can continue breast feed based on your liking.
- Now you can offer him milk bottle to drink.
- Your child is ready to eat all sorts of food by this point of time.
- Feeding your baby with a rich diet incorporating cereals, fruits, vegetables, soups, citrus fruits, eggs and protein is a must to keep him healthy and hearty.
Caution: Do not introduce eggs, fishes or peanuts without consulting your paediatricians.